I love ice cream, but my stomach doesn’t love it as much as I do…tell a sadder story, I’ll wait. I’ve searched long and hard for an ice cream alternative that is just as creamy and rich as a classic ice cream without being too frosty or have a weird aftertaste. Well, a few days ago, I may have found a new go to:
Chocolate Oreo Nice Cream
To make this delicious dairy-free treat, all you’ll need are 4 ingredients and a food processor. Also let’s get one thing clear: no, Oreos do not contain dairy or eggs, BUT they are produced at a facility where it’s possible for cross contamination. So, just be cautious of that!
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 3 Oreos
- 2-4 tbsp of vanilla soy milk (this is also 1/8-1/4 of a cup)
- Place the bananas, cocoa powder, and Oreos in the food processor. Pulse until there’s a crumb-y looking mixture. This should take maybe 10-15 seconds to see.
- Once the crumb is achieved, SLOWLY add in the soy milk. Do it a little at a time until you can see everything begin to cream. Start with 2 tbsp, and if necessary, add in 1 or 2 more tbsp.
- You should get the right consistency within 20 seconds or so. Below is the final product!
- You may need to scrape down the sides in order to get everything well-combined.
- I’m not sure how well this would freeze (testing it now as we speak), but this makes ~1 hefty serving of noms.