Makes 3 servings
- 7 oz of Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1, 12 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of brown rice, dry
- Handful of spinach
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
In a pot, cook rice according to the package. Add 1 tsp of salt into the water to season rice.
Drain the can of garbanzo beans. Add them into a medium saucepan and season with salt and pepper. After 2 minutes, add in the frozen peas.
Allow the peas to cook for another 3 minutes and then add in the simmer sauce. I used Passage Foods Tikka Masala simmer sauce, but I also love the Trader Joe’s simmer sauce, too!
Let it reduce on a medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Keep on a low heat until ready to serve!
A full serving of this recipe is 2/3 cup of rice, 1/3 of the chickpea tikka masala, and a handful of spinach! Enjoy!!
- This is a very very college-y tikka masala dish. I could definitely see adding in chopped yellow onion or yogurt or cauliflower to spice it up a bit! This, for me, is super filling and really yummy.
- The simmer sauce already has all of the seasonings in it, but try it and see if you think it needs anything else! Make it fit to your tastes.
- This is a vegetarian dish, BUT not vegan. The sauce I used does contain milk, so just check the ingredients of your sauce first.